<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martín DomínguezYet Another Credit Roll Question
by on Nov 15, 2010 at 5:53:57 am

So to the point:
24 fps
Credit file of 8927 vertical pixels
to be rendered in apple pro res 422

Thanks in advance.

PS: My math is a little rusty (and by little I mean a lot), so if it isn't too much to ask, lets keep the math talk in layman terms.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Yet Another Credit Roll Question
by on Nov 15, 2010 at 3:53:26 pm

What's the question?

Well, here's an answer anyway: 42.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Yet Another Credit Roll Question
by on Nov 15, 2010 at 4:49:00 pm

i'll assume that you just want smooth movement....

there are two easy ways to ensure that you get whole pixel movement (to avoid the 'wavy' anti-alias text issue).

one way is to add this expression to the position property:

offset=2; //value in pixels per frame

set the credit layer's position at it's inpoint to off-screen bottom (or where ever you want it to start), and it will march up the screen until the end of the comp/layer. adjust the offset variable as needed, but you'll probably need to keep it less than 5 or 6, or the text will get start getting hard to read...

another way that is easier for many to work with for timing is to create 2 keyframes for position that are 1 frame apart. set the y value for the second key frame to be the number of pixels per frame movement that you need (say 2 pixels).

then add this expression:

the movement will not happen until time hits the first keyframe, so timing can be adjusted in a more familiar way, then the code just continues that movement. you might add this animation and expression to a null, then parent the credits to the null to make it easy to adjust the credit position separate from the animation.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved