ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Red One/Premiere/LogDPX/VFX After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac ViejoRed One/Premiere/LogDPX/VFX After Effects
by on Nov 12, 2010 at 3:42:30 pm

Hi... I am working in a short-film shot with RedOne... This is my first time working with R3D and DPX for VFX and print and after reading a lot around the net I am getting even more confused....
After Editing in Premiere I open the Pr Project in After Effects just to export the R3D clips I need for VFX as DPX.

I change the Red Settings to PDLog985 and RedSpace and -2 exposure before export as DPX Over Range (I tried to export as Standard but the resulted DPX was too overbright to work)

Once I have my DPX, I import it in a 32bpc project... Change Cineon Settings in Interpret Footage to Over Range... apply Cineon Converter to LogtoLin (Highlight Rolloff to 0) and work in my comp... the DPX looks very nice, a little more contrasted but very nice to work....
When I finish, I create an 'Out Comp' where I apply the Cineon Converter to LintoLog... Send it to Render Queue and export as DPX Over Range...

Is all this correct? Should I export as Full Range instead of Over Range?? Is ok to work without a Working Space as Pete O´Connell suggest in his article 'Cineon, what they are...'?

Once I had all my VFX ready I want to change the R3D for the DPX in Premiere and open the Pr Project in After Effects to export everything as DPX for print... but at this point I suppose I have to change all the R3D settings to PDLog985 and RedSpace as I did before with the VFX shots... and again... should I export as Full Range, Over Range, Standard...?? ...we´ll be grading in Mistika, and they just asked for LogDPX.. but which one is the best option?? ...

I hope you can help me guys... I changed so many times my mind that I don´t know what to do...

Thanx all...

Return to posts index

Isaac ViejoRe: Red One/Premiere/LogDPX/VFX After Effects
by on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:07:43 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved