ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects image sequence issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graeme MorganAfter Effects image sequence issues
by on Nov 12, 2010 at 5:19:02 am

So I recently ran into this issue and had a quick fix. I was wondering if anyone has a proper fix.

I am doing a 3d motion track of some footage- then adding some C4D elements. I had to create a mocha shape roto for some foreground objects so they sat in front of the C4D elements.

Everything was going fine- until i tried to export the mocha shape data to after effects. It kept coming in a little slower than the video with the C4D elements. It was the exact same clip, same size, same frame rate, eveyuthing was the same- EXCEPT I had a PNG image seq from C4D and I used my original vid file in mocha. However, they should have been playing back the same.

I did a test and exported the video file to PNG seq in after effects because that is what I started with as my background layer in C4D. I re-imported the image sequence and the frame rate was off. The image sequence was plying at roughly 220 fps, while the original clip was 281 fps. I tried exporting at 24fps rather than 23.976- but I ended up with the same results. I played around with different export options and gave up. I did not want to redo all of the mocha roto work, so instead I did a time adjustment on the image sequences so they matched the original file and the mocha shape info.

It was a quick and dirty fix and was wondering if anyone knows what the real problem was. I tried all of the main steps, from deleting plist files to creating a new after effects file to restarting my computer. This is bothering me because I know there is a proper fix. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adriano MoraesRe: After Effects image sequence issues
by on Nov 12, 2010 at 12:13:13 pm

Hi there!

Did you check your import settings in the preferences to see if it matches your frame rate?

Just throwing it out there.

Return to posts index

Graeme MorganRe: After Effects image sequence issues
by on Nov 12, 2010 at 6:38:01 pm

So that's the solution to that mind-bender. That was the issue- I probably should have checked that. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved