ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating a Stick Figure

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raul Bastos
Animating a Stick Figure
on Nov 11, 2010 at 6:04:07 pm

So, I´m trying to animate a stick figure for a website but I don´t know the best way to do it...I´ve tried the Puppet Tool along with the DuIK script, but I´m too clumsy with that and I cant get an expected result...
So I´d like to know if someone can help me or give me some tips... I would be very thankful! ^^

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Animating a Stick Figure
on Nov 11, 2010 at 6:16:24 pm

dan ebberts outlines a procedure for creating an ik rig that may help you...

http://www.motionscript.com/design-guide/ik.html

it may seem complicated, but i think it would work well for a stick figure, and it would allow for some, otherwise, complicated animations.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Nov 11, 2010 at 6:46:08 pm

If it's not too complicated (or long), why not just do it Olde School?: pencil and paper, or ImageReady?

This is best if YOU are the client: revisions in traditional animation will kill you unless you have an iron-clad contract.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 12, 2010 at 7:47:09 pm

Angie Taylor has a section in her book and video tutorial series that shows animating a stick figure by drawing and animating paint strokes using the Brush tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Nov 12, 2010 at 8:10:51 pm

if you wanted to go along a similar line, you could create a mask(s) and use the stoke effect. you'll be animating the mask path property, but it should work...

if you went the mask route, you could try the scribble effect, which could add a wavy/wiggly look the 'strokes' of the line figure, which could lend itself to a hand-drawn effect.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]