ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

TV Green Screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arica WestTV Green Screen
by on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:32:07 pm

I am wondering if anyone could give me the basic steps or direct me to a tutorial for placing an image on a tv. Let me be more specific, I have a scene with a tv which one of the characters is blocking part of the tv. I need to place a video on that tv. The corners and the center of the tv are marked with green tape. Any suggestions how to go about this?

Thank you!!!!

Return to posts index

Paul MinnaarRe: TV Green Screen
by on Nov 11, 2010 at 8:06:20 am

Firstly, make the video a 3D layer, then corner pin it to the area you wish it to be in. Possibly put a mask on it and feather it a little so the edges are not sharp.

Thats the place to start, then lets see from there.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: TV Green Screen
by on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:57:18 pm

[Arica West] "I have a scene with a tv which one of the characters is blocking part of the tv."

You'll have to rotoscope the character. AE CS5's Roto Brush tool will be a huge help.

[Arica West] "I need to place a video on that tv. The corners and the center of the tv are marked with green tape."

Unless your camera is locked down, you'll need to track the shot. Mocha-AE (included with CS4 and above) is a great tool for tracking planes like your TV screen. You'll use the tracking data to make your new video move with the camera as if it were placed in the scene. See Aharon Rabinowitz's tutorial on Mocha-AE Perspective Corner Pin effect.

Once the video is in the shot and the character passes correctly in front of it, you may need to tweak your composite to make it look real. Details sell the shot. See this thread on Adding footage to a TV for some tips.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]