ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

LED Effect Lighting On Video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clay DempseyLED Effect Lighting On Video
by on Nov 9, 2010 at 12:08:28 am

Hell everyone, I do a lot of reading here and not too much posting. Anyway, I've only been messing with After Effects for about a month and absolutely love what the program can do. I do have a question some may be able to help me with. I made both of these videos and tried to get an LED effect over the image. Both comps have a solid with two adjustment layers underneath then followed by the video coming through my attempt at the LED screen. Obviously the first one looks better and I like the way the pixels look like they are falling. I think some work could be done to make the LED effect look better, but I don't know what really.

Video 1:

My question is on the second video is is it possible to make the color move through the cc_bubble i have on top of it. Almost like make the colors disappear at times or make them look they are trailing or falling? Also any suggestions how to make it look more like an LED screen? I hope this makes sense. The footage is one piece of footage that I can break apart. I'm sure there's something else I can do to add some flare to this video.

thanks for your time and this site.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: LED Effect Lighting On Video
by on Nov 9, 2010 at 5:18:23 am

There are a lot of threads about creating LED results. For example, the first result in this search includes several suggestions, including a good one involving CC Ball Action.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: LED Effect Lighting On Video
by on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:14:15 am

I only see white space where your first example is supposed to be. For LED effects, Todd has already provided sufficient examples.

However, if you want the LED points to cascade downwards, then the examples there may fall short. For decent/sufficient control to execute such an effect, my thoughts are to use Particle Playground.

Try searching the COW for Particle Playground examples.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved