ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

modifying puppet warp tool

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Marshall
modifying puppet warp tool
on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:12:00 am

Hello,

Does anybody know of a way to modify the puppet tool start location after placing key frames?

I have a walk animation but there was an adjustment I wanted to make on the photoshop file it came from. I increased the canvas size to change the layer and when I reload the image in After Effects, the objects being warped have parts that fall outside of the area effected by the warp.

I wish there was a way to modify the starting location of the warp, because all would be well... or maybe a way to modify the mesh to fit around the new location of the object.

Anybody know? It's probably asking a lot.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
Re: modifying puppet warp tool
on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:01:34 pm

Hey Jim,

I've asked around, and the consensus from people smarter than me is "no."

You have to start over.

Return to posts index

Jim Marshall
on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:46:38 pm

hehehehe, funny response, although it is painful. I figured that is what it would come to. I appreciate the help anyway.

Suppose it is something to look forward to in CS9.

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Nov 9, 2010 at 8:29:14 pm

Hey Jim. I've found it helpful to make a solid behind certain parts of my puppet. Basically the hands, or elbows or shoulders so that if i have to change the puppet down the road it means i have some leeway. Then when you make your puppet, you just turn off the solid and you have some room to play... Here's an example.

Return to posts index

Jim Marshall
on Nov 13, 2010 at 4:01:12 pm

Interesting, I appreciate the info.

I'm not sure how to do that exactly, is that a layer in photoshop? Wouldn't the puppet warp only effect the hand when you switch off the black layer? Not sure how that would work, could you explain it a little more?

I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:06:12 pm

Jim! I'm sorry I didn't notice your reply... i know it's a little late, but basically i put the artwork in a pre-comp and put the solid inside the pre comp as well... Then when i apply the puppet tool to the comp, you can just go a layer down and turn off the black (or any color) solid. As long as you apply the puppet tool with the layer on, the geometry remains constant after you turn off the solid.

Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]