ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do they make this i effects in movies and such?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kasper Nyman
How do they make this i effects in movies and such?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 8:16:28 am

Hello
I been noticing this effect in several projects, like Google TV and in the movie Social Network. Its like a mix of focus changes, blur, vinette and it make the enviroment look kinder like small toys.

Like this: http://discover.sonystyle.com/internettv/#/home

Hope someone can explain it, or link to some tutorials.

Kasper

Nyman

Return to posts index

Adriano Moraes
Re: How do they make this i effects in movies and such?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 12:35:36 pm

If I´m not mistakeing it´s called Tilt Shift.

Normally it´s done with some special lenses.

But it can be achieved in post as well.

Here´s a great way:

Hope it helps.

ninguem
////http://cargocollective.com/ninguem/

Return to posts index

Simon Bonner
Re: How do they make this i effects in movies and such?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 2:35:37 pm

A couple of things. Firstly, speed the footage up. Speed can affect perceived weight. That's why model shots of spaceships are filmed with a high frame rate, then slowed down: it makes the models look bigger and heavier. Faster objects appear smaller and lighter, like toys.

Also, it looks like some of the elements in that Sony comp really were models (I could be wrong!). This is tough, but you could film models and then add them to your scene. You can find a good way of doing that in this video tutorial.

For the blurry vignette, well, just add an adjustment layer to the comp, give it a circular mask, feather it out, make it subtracted, then add a lens blur effect. Instant macro-style depth of field!

Finally, I would say a good part of the effect is sold in the camera angles. The camera is really high up, the perspective of a kid looking down on a model city. If you get good camera angles, you're set.

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysfx

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]