ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particle drop with multiple custom particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Modijefsky
Particle drop with multiple custom particles
on Nov 7, 2010 at 11:37:43 pm

Hi there, I hope this is a not a too lame question. I was wondering which is the fastest route to go. I have to make a fairly simple particle drop but with around 26 different custom particles. Just a single drop on a floor. Should I do it with in AE and Paticular(?) or turn to C4D to which I'm new? But the demo's I've seen from C4D with Dynamics make this look like a breeze. Which route could be the fastest to accomplish this for someone new to C4D? I have 11.5 to my disposal. To get more angles I'll post this in the C4D forum as well. TIA.

-------------------------
what will this button do?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Particle drop with multiple custom particles
on Nov 8, 2010 at 4:06:15 pm

Couple of ways to do this in Particular.

If the particle is a still, put all 26 particles in a precomp, make their duration 1 frame and sequence them with no overlap. Change the precomp to 26 frames long. In your main comp under particle choose sprite or textured polygon(polygon has more options, but it depends what you need to do) and choose your precomp as the texture. Change the time sampling to Random - Still Frame.

If you are working with 26 animations, you would need to precomp them also and sequence. But instead of "Random - Still Frame" you would chose "Split Clip - ?(depends on your animations) and change the Number of clips to 26.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

David Modijefsky
Re: Particle drop with multiple custom particles
on Nov 9, 2010 at 7:49:53 pm

Thanks John! Yes, the particles are all stills so I think I can use your solution.

-------------------------
what will this button do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]