ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Lightsaber sparks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Tim Van OsdellLightsaber sparks
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 6:04:26 am

Soo, I'm getting AE CS4 and I wanted to be prepared. Does anyone know of a way to make sparks that emit from a lightsaber clash? any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I am a huge fan of Andrew Kramer, I'm using his lightsaber preset, and I've heard people say cc particle world this, or playground that, I just need simple directions for lightsaber clash sparks.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Lightsaber sparks
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 3:27:46 pm

Start on this page.
Seriously. If you learn the basic foundation parts of AE, everything else about it will become much easier. If you disregard my advice and don't spend time with the basics, and you get frustrated, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Once you get the basics of AE down, then you can start doing tutorials and be able to fit them to your video project much better. Rather than just following a tutorial, you will be creating on your own and you will be a better person and an artist, rather than a robot.

As far as tutorials go, there are tons of them out there. A Google search for lightsaber sparks "After Effects" turns up a ton of them. (You might also search for clash instead of sparks since there's more to the connecting of two lightsabers than sparks.) Here's a tutorial on sparks from Andrew Kramer.
You'll probable want to add a flash with a lens flare or a masked solid for a couple of frames too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Tim Van OsdellRe: Lightsaber sparks
by on Nov 13, 2010 at 1:35:38 pm

thnx! I just got AE in, and I do understand about getting the foundation of it down, becasue it is more in-depth than I thought it was. thanks again for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved