ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects 7 project imported in to AE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon FriedbergAfter Effects 7 project imported in to AE CS5
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 7:35:47 pm

I began working on a complex roto matte project in AE 7 back in 2006 and I recently opened the project in AE CS 5 to make some changes.
After the project opened in CS 5 I discovered all my roto matte work was mostly gone.
I spent over a week creating this project in 2006 and I would love to do some additional work on it in CS 5, but I do not want to have to start at the beginning.

Does anyone have any insight on why all my work disappears when I open the project in CS 5??

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

J

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: After Effects 7 project imported in to AE CS5
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:02:53 pm

that's a large jump, maybe you could import into CS3 first

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects 7 project imported in to AE CS5
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:49:47 pm

When you say your "roto matte work was mostly gone", what are you referring to?

After Effects CS5 can open After Effects 7 projects, and there should be no difference in something like masks or track mattes.

If you're specific about what seems to be wrong or missing, we can help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jon FriedbergRe: After Effects 7 project imported in to AE CS5
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 1:34:45 am

To be more specific, I have a shot with an actor playing twins, and he walks past himself while looking into a mirror.
I had to create the bezier shapes for the actor in the foreground, and the background, and layer those on top of a clean plate.

Lots of work,..... I would like to make some more adjustments to the bezier shapes, but they are all gone except 1 shape and the keyframes for all the shapes including the one that remains are all gone.

Not sure how to proceed.

Hope this description helps.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 8, 2010 at 12:44:25 am

Try opening the project in After Effects 7 to make sure that the project that you have actually contains the information that you think that it does. If it does, and After Effects CS5 doesn't see/retain that information, let me know.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects 7 project imported in to AE CS5
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 3:18:24 pm

In case you no longer have AE 7, I believe I can get access to a machine that does. I wouldn't need your source footage or anything to check if your masks are there on the layers. So if you can't get to an old version, let me know.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:04:01 am

I appreciate your time,.....
Here's the reply I wrote to another helpful individual, I believe it answers your thoughts on the subject as well.

I do still have AE 7, and when I open the project on the older Mac, it opens without problems, with all footage and Masks in place. It's when I open in AECS 5 that all the masks except 1 (and all the keyframing on that mask is gone) are missing.

Thank you.

J

Return to posts index

by on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:01:50 am

I do still have AE 7, and when I open the project on the older Mac, it opens without problems, with all footage and Masks in place. It's when I open in AECS 5 that all the masks except 1 (and all the keyframing on that mask is gone) are missing.

???

Thank you.

J

Return to posts index

by on Nov 13, 2010 at 5:57:26 pm

This is the first time that I've heard of this happening. If you don't mind, we'd really appreciate it if you sent a copy of the project the aebugs -at- adobe -dot- com.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]