ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Any tipps for teaching a class with different skill levels?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon RuschmeyerAny tipps for teaching a class with different skill levels?
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 5:11:04 pm

Hey Everyone!

I'm teaching an after effects course for beginners. At the first meeting it turned ou that not all the students are total newbies to AE, so when I was presenting a step by step lesson, the newbies sometimes couldnt follow when I was moving along too fast, while the experienced people were bored the whole time. Well, I think it's a general problem with teaching software classes and there supposedly is no sulotion but maybe some of you can share experiences or have tipps?

My plan so far is:
- encourage the experienced students to bring their own projects to the course, so they can work on those when they allready know the basic techniques I am teaching to the beginners.
- I will record the lessons before the seminar and make them available to the course so if a student cannot catch up with my pace in the seminar he/she can look up the lesson again.

What do you think? Any more suggestions?
I would appreciate it!
Best regards, Simon

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Any tipps for teaching a class with different skill levels?
by on Nov 6, 2010 at 6:36:17 am

I've just completed a couple of AE classes with Flint, Quantel eq, Discreet Smoke and FCP practitioners. I have trained approximately 300 folks in my various AE classes.

Your two-pronged plan is redundant and of course pathetic which is no different from your contribution here at the COW. Since Dec 04, 2004 you have posted seven Qs, including this one.

You have not once provided assistance to any COW member since you came on board. Your lack of knowledge as a trainer and your near ridiculous plan(s) show that if you had contributed much more here or at other forums, you would have had a better grasp on how to engage your students and also to receive, presumably decent pointers here at the COW.

Your best bet is to go to the Adobe Forum for your answers and hopefully someone there will be more forthcoming.

The COW is about sharing - giving and receiving. We like folks who appreciate such acts.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved