ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rove across time and masks

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vasiliy ShikhachevskiyRove across time and masks
by on Nov 4, 2010 at 11:20:06 pm

Maybe somebody knows if there is a possibility to use RoveAcrossTime with keyframes of masks. It seems like there's no any chance to do it for opacity, mask expansion and feather - even could not select this option from sub-menu. This option is seem to be available for mask path. But, when you select it, keyframes become smooth, but there is no roving. And sorry for bad english.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Rove across time and masks
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 8:02:48 am

Roving Keyframes are only applicable for spatial properties. Within te Mask group of properties, only the Mask Shape has spatial information. However, there is no option to control individual mask points to allow for the Roving Keyframe feature to be implemented.

You may want to look at Smart Mask Interpolation as an alternative. You may also want to share more of what it is that you have and what you would like to do with it.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Vasiliy ShikhachevskiyRe: Rove across time and masks
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 12:10:28 pm

Didn't know about mask interpolation till this day)) Seems like a usefull tool. But not a solution for my case.

I have a lot of small shapes animated manually. I need tool to quickly adjust their animation speed and their place on time line. Thats why i was looking for rove-across-time.

Right now i have a solution. All this shapes are precomposed - path animation is within pre-com, all other attributes - position animation, scale - in main comp. and i use time remap - to coordinate their path animation with timeline of main comp. But its not a perfect way - cause anytime when i need to change the Shape - i need to go inside pre-comp.

Thanks again for your suggestion and response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved