ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

BCC 3D Image Shatter Effect - problem with custom shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michal Poniedzielski
BCC 3D Image Shatter Effect - problem with custom shape
on Nov 2, 2010 at 10:52:02 pm

Hi there again!

Another problem with Shatter, I can't resolve by my own.

I'm creating a row of book spines (like on a shelf) and want to push them of the shelf from behind. I'm trying to use other than native AE Shatter Effect, because want something more complex (hoping to solve my problem with shattered objects overlaping eachother). I have chosen BCC 3D Image Shatter Effect... and have another problem.

When I'm chosing custom shape for shattering, my sorce image becomes a set of rectangles. And there's no matter what shape I will use. I've tried some vector circles, and other "bitmap" layers - the same sh*t all the time. What I'm doing wrong?

To give You a clue - here is an image explaining what's wrong. I kept the effect settings in the view, to provide some more info (although the quality is not so nice)

THX in advance.

LAPTOP: Sony Vaio VPCF11S1E: Intel Core i7 (1.6 GHz) | 6GB RAM | GeForce GT 330M | Win7 x64 Home |
DESKTOP: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | Asus P5B Deluxe | 4GB RAM | GeForce7200 | Windows XP Pro SP3

Return to posts index

Michal Poniedzielski
Re: BCC 3D Image Shatter Effect - problem with custom shape
on Nov 3, 2010 at 12:19:11 am

The above link could not work - here is the replacement:

http://www.vimeo.com/micz

LAPTOP: Sony Vaio VPCF11S1E: Intel Core i7 (1.6 GHz) | 6GB RAM | GeForce GT 330M | Win7 x64 Home |
DESKTOP: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | Asus P5B Deluxe | 4GB RAM | GeForce7200 | Windows XP Pro SP3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]