ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects 3D layers cutting through each other on camera move

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joachim WieseAfter Effects 3D layers cutting through each other on camera move
by on Nov 2, 2010 at 4:54:51 pm

I have an animation of a folder opening with papers in each pocket coming out. A camera layer is floating to create movement and zoom into areas of interest on the page.

The issue I'm having is when the camera moves, some layers slowly, or quickly, fall behind the others, then pop back again when the camera moves to a different position. I'm wondering why that happens, and how I can stop it.

I've checked for stray keyframes that might be changing things. I've also checked orientation angles to make sure all layers are paralell. Also, on the front view, all of my layers are organized well, each being parented to their back panel of the folder, and all spaced 8px apart, and they don't come through each other like in the camera view.

I can get around it by increasing the spacing between layers severely, but I feel that's a poor fix.Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: After Effects 3D layers cutting through each other on camera move
by on Nov 2, 2010 at 9:24:26 pm

My guess is that some of your layers have motion blur enabled, and others have it disabled. Try enabling or disabling motion blur on all of the 3D layers. If that's not the case then I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: After Effects 3D layers cutting through each other on camera move
by on Nov 3, 2010 at 6:32:56 am

Also, if you have 2d layers in between 3d layers that may cause some problems.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Joachim WieseRe: After Effects 3D layers cutting through each other on camera move
by on Nov 8, 2010 at 4:48:42 pm

Thanks guys,
I've checked, and all my layers are 3-D. I've been tinkering and still haven't figured it out. I'll keep pecking and if I find the result, I'll post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]