ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My 24fps/23.976 Project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt kresling
My 24fps/23.976 Project
on Nov 1, 2010 at 5:45:19 pm

I'm doing titles and visual effects for a project and did everything at 24fps. Today the assistant editor mentioned that the project is 23.976. Should I disembowel myself now or wait and let the post supervisor kill me? Any advice for fixing my project, or tips regarding swordsmanship, would be appreciated.

Um, maybe the post supervisor reads this forum, in which case I should say that this post is hypothetical.

Thanks.

Dual 2.3 Mhz G5
16GB RAM
After Effects CS5

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: My 24fps/23.976 Project
on Nov 1, 2010 at 5:50:11 pm

I'd hold off on the katana for a bit.

If you imported image sequences, you can conform the frame rate to 23.976 in the interpret footage settings. If it's in the form of quicktimes, it may already be at 23.976.

After that, it may be a simple matter of changing the comp frame rates to 23.976,

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Nov 1, 2010 at 6:42:38 pm

And if Dave's suggestions don't work the Dragonfly swords are beautiful and well crafted.
I would suggest the tanto for committing seppuku.

I've always found this company's swords to be of high quality. They come nicely sharpened and are battle ready.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Nov 1, 2010 at 8:02:18 pm

[matt kresling] "I'm doing titles and visual effects for a project and did everything at 24fps. Today the assistant editor mentioned that the project is 23.976."

As Dave already suggested, any imported 24fps footage items will need to be re-interpreted at 23.976fps. You can do this to image sequences or video footage. If there's an audio track associated with the video track then it will continue to run independently at full speed (this probably won't be an issue from 24 -> 23.976 fps unless you're working with very long footage).

Meanwhile, any animations you've keyframed in After Effects using text layers, shape layers, adjustment layers, cameras, or any AE generated content will work correctly if you simply change the framerates of your compositions.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 1, 2010 at 9:12:09 pm

"if you simply change the framerates of all of your compositions."

i think it's faster to simply take the final output comp and place it in a 23.976 comp with timestretch at 100.001001. This will fix the framerate and at the same time, the audio speed sync.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

matt kresling
on Nov 3, 2010 at 6:29:09 am

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, this wasn't so bad at all. To anyone considering ritual disembowelment, I advise you to first post a query on the appropriate internet forum--you may find that all is not so dark as it first appeared.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]