ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to remove leaf/shadow from shot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Courtney Potts
How to remove leaf/shadow from shot
on Oct 30, 2010 at 2:06:36 am

I'm trying to remove what's either a leaf or a shadow from a shot I have. It's so faint that its hard to see even frame but frame, but you can tell its there when you watch it in real time. I'm using Final Cut to edit but I'm guessing After Effects is my best bet. I tried to search the forums for this but it's kind of a hard thing to search for.

Simply put, how do I remove a moving object/noise from a shot? It falls down the left side of the screen for about 5 frames or so.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: How to remove leaf/shadow from shot
on Oct 30, 2010 at 6:16:49 am

Techniques differ depending on the exact problem. Posting a screenshot would help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 30, 2010 at 3:02:35 pm

I agree with Todd's reply but should you want to dive in, well sort of, then take a look at Carl Larsen's COW Tutorial - 2.5D Rig Removal. Then again, it might be overkill for a 5-frame issue such as yours.

Another option is to use AE's Clone Brush tool which may be a more productive solution for your issue.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 30, 2010 at 3:08:48 pm

Is the shot moving? Can you post a clip of a few seconds before and after, would really help?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Courtney Potts
on Oct 30, 2010 at 11:54:30 pm

Remove falling object from shot

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 31, 2010 at 9:53:39 pm

Fortunately, that's really faint, and you also don't have to contend with a moving camera.

If I were trying to remove that, I'd use the Clone Stamp tool. Note that you can sample from different times with the Clone Stamp tool, so you can paint over the problematic pixels with pixels from the same part of the frame at a different time.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Courtney Potts
on Nov 1, 2010 at 1:37:43 am

I tried using the clone stamp tool but it looks awful when I do it - I'm very new to Adobe creative suite. Is there a tutorial you recommend? I'm having a hard time finding one for the clone stamp tool in After Effects (I get a lot of photoshop tutorials and roto brush tutorials). Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]