ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Easy way to repeat Clock Wipe every second?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke McFaddenEasy way to repeat Clock Wipe every second?
by on Oct 28, 2010 at 6:07:51 pm

I'm making a simple countdown timer, using Clock Wipe on a solid layer to visual show time passing (I've also got a numerical countdown as well). I've got the transition completion keyframed properly for one second, or one completion. Whats the easiest way to reproduce this effect for each second? I'm only doing a 60 second countdown.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Easy way to repeat Clock Wipe every second?
by on Oct 28, 2010 at 7:24:31 pm

Does it have to be PRECISELY 60 seconds? I mean as a precision measure of time, and not a frame count.

It's a bit of a sticky issue in NTSC because of its weird 29.97 frame rate. In NTSC's drop-frame time code -- which actually attempts to measure time as closely as it can -- the time code goes from 00:00:59;29 to 00:01:00;02.

Where's one minute straight up? Doesn't exist as a time code address. The actual chronological one-minute mark lies someplace between the 29th frame of the 59th second and the next frame.
Oh, you CAN get a straight-up time at the ten-minute marks -- you'll see 00:10:00;00, 00:20:00;00, etc.

PAL? You can hit it dead-on.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Easy way to repeat Clock Wipe every second?
by on Oct 29, 2010 at 6:18:29 am

Use the loopOut expression method. Set it to cycle. It'll repeat a set of keyframes until the Out point of the layer is reached.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved