ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

See through touch screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh AndersonSee through touch screen
by on Oct 25, 2010 at 6:28:49 pm

I am putting together a video where I will be sitting directly in front of the camera, explaining some new features of a Point Of Sale system. The system is touch screen, so I would like to be able to have the screen on the upper right side of the page like a HUD, and then have it react as I enter my PIN and swipe my card. My question is this. I've already made the touch screens in photoshop, and I am ready to overlay the graphic over my video when it is done. The problem is shooting the video. Is there a trick of the trade that I can use to make sure that my fingers are in the right spots to push the buttons on the POS? I know sort of where the numbers and enter buttons are, but I would like to make it a little more exact if I can. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: See through touch screen
by on Oct 25, 2010 at 6:39:09 pm

You can hang something transparent with tiny marks that you cas see, but the camera won't.
Or, possibly, dangle some invisible string with tiny balls of magician's wax on the end where the buttons should be.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Josh AndersonRe: See through touch screen
by on Oct 25, 2010 at 8:24:57 pm

Thank you so much. I will try the string idea, as it seems like there is less of a chance of glare. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved