ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Smoke Title

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel FrankSmoke Title
by on Oct 24, 2010 at 6:45:01 am

Hey there.
I've want to make a title that is made of smoke. I've searched all over the internet for a tutorial that's showing that, but I didn't find any. I don't want the letters to be normal and to have smoke around and the text to appear only when the smoke is in front or any stuff like that - i just want to know how to make the letters in the title to be made out of smoke. For example in this video:

- the letters are made of smoke and they disappear very nice. Can anyone help me?

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Smoke Title
by on Oct 24, 2010 at 5:05:10 pm

I see two particle systems (one for the fast-moving smoke that traces over the letters, the second for the slower-rising smoke that forms the letters). The emitter for both systems is animated on a motion path in the shape of the logo. The particles are smokelets.

There are some really good tutorials for Trapcode Particular right here on the COW, and on the Red Giant Software web site. You may not find one that shows step-by-step how to do what you saw in the linked video, but if you watch some if the introductory tutorials as well as the ones that deal with controlling emitters with nulls or lights, you will be able to learn all the concepts you need for that effect.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Daniel FrankRe: Smoke Title
by on Oct 25, 2010 at 5:38:21 am

I don't really need it to be exactly like this one - i want the text to be smokey all the time - I don't need it to write itself - so i don't need the whole animating with text path - just a text layer that is made of smoke.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Smoke Title
by on Oct 26, 2010 at 6:21:15 am

[Daniel Frank] "i want the text to be smokey all the time - I don't need it to write itself - so i don't need the whole animating with text path - just a text layer that is made of smoke."

Check out a text-to-sand tutorial (the Cow has several) to learn how to use a particle system to create text, use a smokelet as the particle type, and tweak the air and physics settings.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]