ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyframes in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sumeet khurana
keyframes in After Effects
on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:31:45 pm

Hi, As I told in my earlier post also ,I have been using After Effects for past two months.

I have a query and hope somebody would be nice enough to help me.
I am making a 3 min movie in After Effect CS3, importing photoshop psd. files in AE. But now as I am progressing AE has turned very unfriendly with me .

In between it gives the error "AE is out of memory". I wish to know how do you all After Effect guys make your movies in AE. Do you make your whole film in multiple AE files and in the end compile all the renders taken from different AE files in softwares like Adobe Premier?

I have 3GB of RAM in my machine.

If somebody could help me with this problem , I would be very thankful.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: keyframes in After Effects
on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:47:27 pm

[sumeet khurana] "I am making a 3 min movie in After Effect CS3, importing photoshop psd. files in AE... In between it gives the error "AE is out of memory"... I have 3GB of RAM in my machine."

This has nothing to do with keyframes. This has everything to do with RAM. I know nothing about your machine, but you should put as much RAM into it as you can. I'll guess you will then have 4GB total.

If that's the case, you can't use multiprocessing. Turn it off and leave it off.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

sumeet khurana
RAM error
on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:55:56 pm

Thanks Dave LaRonde for replying.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:52:17 pm

with only 3gb of ram, go to the ae preferences>memory & multi-processing and make sure 'render multiple frames simultaneously' is not checked. also make sure you have 1gb reserved for 'other applications'.

when using ae, i would also make sure you are not running other high ram use applications, like photoshop. or, if you do, make sure you set the ram use for those applications way down... you will want all open applications (other than ae) to use only the 1gb of ram that you are telling ae to reserve, and this 1gb also includes the os, which i would guess needs about 512mb (but you can check the minimum specs for your os).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

sumeet khurana
on Oct 22, 2010 at 8:01:22 pm

Thanks a lot Kevin Camp for the precise explanation. It helped me a lot.

Yes , I gave a wrong subject to my thread. I am sorry about that.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]