ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

chrome mirror reflection

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Schmidtchrome mirror reflection
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 6:29:10 pm

I am wanting to replicate the chrome mirror effect on the opening image of the buick logo (flare not needed) found on the video in this link
How might that be achieved in after effects?

Return to posts index

Dane CannonRe: chrome mirror reflection
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:00:15 pm

Let me doublecheck though, did you mean that you didn't need the flare, or you didn't need the actual shine on the logo that produced the flare? Are you checking to see how to make a reflective metal 3D whatever in AE?

Return to posts index

Austin SchmidtRe: chrome mirror reflection
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:29:45 pm

One element I am looking to create is the metal shine in the circular band which it seems is easy to do based off Kramer's tutorial. The other element is the reflection of the buick shields in the metal band itself, as they are laying 3-dimensionally above its reflective surface. I don't need the flare or the particles elements however.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: chrome mirror reflection
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 7:39:44 pm

you can make things look more like steel with this method. it uses colorama to create a grey shift in saturation, then blends with hard light. it also has random light and glows which furthur sell the steel look. I think andrew kramer has some steel tricks in his sleeve's tutorials, but I like my version.

ae cs3 aep

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: chrome mirror reflection
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 8:02:15 pm

Although there may be various ways of faking metallic reflection, nothing compares with one done in a 3D program. If you have Zaxwerks Invigorator you can import a 3d object and assign a texture/reflection map inside AE- best way to get what you're after, in my opinion.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Butch GoldenRe: chrome mirror reflection
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:13:42 pm

Gee Tudor

What a great idea for a tutorial. Even without a 3D model that imagery would look great on 3D text. Many thanks in advance if you do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved