ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

About to order a new PC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Kopp
About to order a new PC
on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:58:39 pm

Hi,

I am about to buy a new PC for editing and animating. The local shop offers a "video editing" system for a low price (about $1500).

I cant quit remember the complete specs but it's carying a i9 core with 3x2gb ddr3 and a asus (forgot the model type) 1 gig graphic card with Cuda.

What do you guys say about this? Or what would you take if you have a medium budget (up to $2500)?

Any tips appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: About to order a new PC
on Oct 21, 2010 at 6:15:42 pm

I agree with Dave; we will need a lot more info.
Exact specs of the machine, what software you intend to use, how fast of a turnaround you'll need, and all the questions Dave asked.

I'm going to guess that, at the very least, you want to run AE since you're posting this in the AE forum.
6GB of RAM is nowhere near enough for AE work anymore.
Also, unless you're using a certain few third-party plugins, CUDA means nothing for AE use.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Marten Kopp
on Oct 21, 2010 at 7:47:39 pm

Excuse me. Kind of dumb not to post any more info.

I am using After Effects everyday since I am a Motion graphic designer. I also use Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.

I want to buy Cinema 4d and Vue. So I pretty much need a system whitch can handle these applications.

My audiance is very different. But since I bought a 7D 2 weeks ago I am planning to deliver HD in the near future.

So my question is:
What does it take to create nice stuff in After Effects and put it in Premiere to edit inside an AVCHD envirement. Later on I need to add some Vue scenes with Cinema 4D models.

I can understand if you guys cant follow my story, my English isnt that good, sorry.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 21, 2010 at 10:13:27 pm

If you're planning to do HD video in Premiere than make sure your graphics card is one of the ones supported for the Mercury Playback Engine (list is on Adobe's website). Also, consider getting a RAID setup.
If you're planning to do 3d work, make sure your graphics card is supported by Cinema 4d. Also, get a powerful processor. I don't have enough experience with Cinema 4d yet to make any sort of suggestions for processor or graphics card. I just started learning it recently.
If you're planning to work in AE, get a lot more RAM. You want AT MINIMUM 2 GB per core of your processor - preferably more. Also, get a powerful processor.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]