ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best options for rendering in AFX towards Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince-Patrick Mitchell
Best options for rendering in AFX towards Premiere Pro?
on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:34:13 pm

Hey guys,

I have AVCHD ( .MTS ) footage ( 1920 X 1080 ) that im mangling with in After Effects CS5. I was wondering what's a good way to export this footage for editing in Premiere Pro CS5? Do u guys use make movie or add to render cue? ( dont know if theres a difference )

Also, id like to mix this newly rendered footage with other .MTS files so im looking for something that wont make too much of a difference between rendered footage in AFX and non treated .MTS files. So in that direction, what should i use as format? H264, Quicktime, .AVI ? And what settings?

I hope this all makes sense, and sorry if my terminology is incorrect as im quite new to all of this video stuff. Thanks in advance,

cheers,

VP

PS: maybe you can point me to some external links for an answer...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Best options for rendering in AFX towards Premiere Pro?
on Oct 21, 2010 at 4:58:33 pm

I'd ask this in the COW's Premiere forum.
Those folks have a lot more experience in the Premiere-AE-Premiere round trip than most of us here, and you'll get an authoritative answer a lot sooner.

How can that be? Tons of AE practitioners work with non-Premiere NLEs, and don't rely on Premiere. Premiere cutters, on the other hand, almost always have AE installed.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vince-Patrick Mitchell
on Oct 21, 2010 at 5:01:40 pm

Sounds good Dave, thanks for the quick reply!

VP

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 21, 2010 at 6:11:49 pm

You definitely don't want to use H.264 or any sort of compressed codec. I've used both Uncompressed AVI and Quicktime with the PNG codec (not a PNG sequence) with great results. The Quicktime gives significantly smaller file sizes than uncompressed AVI.
However, they will still be much bigger than your original .MTS files because when your camera records that .MTS video it compresses the crap out of it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]