ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danielle redmanBring PSD into after effects - shadow issue
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 11:03:31 pm

I have made a PSD in photoshop, and on one of the images there is a bevel and emboss outer shadow. I have rasterized this layer so the style is incorporated into the layer.

When i import this PSD into after effects the size of the bevel and emboss outer shadow is doubled which makes it thicker. How do i stop this from happening? as i am creating a animation in after effects for a DVD menu using this PSD then once the animation has finished it will go to a still of the PSD. It looks funny as the animation in after effects shadow is thicker than the psd and it is noticebly different.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:43:01 pm

I don't do much Photoshop work AT ALL, but it certainly sounds like a Layer Style problem to me.

When you imported the Photoshop file as a comp, did you have AE flatten the layer styles or preserve them?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:52:06 pm

to be ultra-safe, i would convert all layer styles to layers, then merge those layers in photoshop.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

danielle redmanRe: Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue
by on Oct 22, 2010 at 1:01:25 am

i did try both when bringing them into AE. Kevin, in photoshop i created a new layer above the layer style and flatten it to that layer and it worked :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]