ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
danielle redman
Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue
on Oct 20, 2010 at 11:03:31 pm

I have made a PSD in photoshop, and on one of the images there is a bevel and emboss outer shadow. I have rasterized this layer so the style is incorporated into the layer.

When i import this PSD into after effects the size of the bevel and emboss outer shadow is doubled which makes it thicker. How do i stop this from happening? as i am creating a animation in after effects for a DVD menu using this PSD then once the animation has finished it will go to a still of the PSD. It looks funny as the animation in after effects shadow is thicker than the psd and it is noticebly different.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Bring PSD into after effects - shadow issue
on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:43:01 pm

I don't do much Photoshop work AT ALL, but it certainly sounds like a Layer Style problem to me.

When you imported the Photoshop file as a comp, did you have AE flatten the layer styles or preserve them?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 21, 2010 at 3:52:06 pm

to be ultra-safe, i would convert all layer styles to layers, then merge those layers in photoshop.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

danielle redman
on Oct 22, 2010 at 1:01:25 am

i did try both when bringing them into AE. Kevin, in photoshop i created a new layer above the layer style and flatten it to that layer and it worked :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]