ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Proxy Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse HarrisProxy Question
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:30:50 pm

I'm running AE 10.0 on Mac 8-core with OS 10.6.4 16 gigs of RAM

I would like to create a proxy for different footage sequences in a composition. When I right click on the footage in the Project Pane, I'm passed to the Render Queue and I set my Draft Settings and Output Module, however AE creates another composition and makes a proxy of THAT, instead of the actual footage! What am I doing wrong??

I have previously made proxies of my footage correctly and I'm fairly sure I'm doing it the same way in this comp - but something's wrong. I've tried dumping my prefs, (previous to that deletion, Footage 2 proxy was replacing Footage 1's proxy, but I figured it was just a glitch and deleted the AE Pref folder). Now I'm unable to make a proxy of my footage.

Thank you for your guidance, it's extremely frustrating, as I've been able to successfully create footage proxies before! Why not now...

Return to posts index

Andrew DevisRe: Proxy Question
by on Oct 21, 2010 at 9:36:07 am

Not 100% sure, but to render the footage to a proxy you have to render it out and that has to be via a comp.

Once a proxy is rendered, you can delete the comp in the project panel as the proxy is added to the project panel ready for you to use.

The other alternative is to right click and choose set proxy and then choose any file or still you have that is suitable.

Probably not what you wanted to know, but I hope it helps somewhat. Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved