Problem with 3d box and motion blur

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Johnson
Problem with 3d box and motion blur
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:29:18 pm

Here is a link to the video issue:
http://www.pandamotion.com/Transfer/Johnatanmoran10v2.m4v

If you watch this slowly you will see that the seams in the box are visible due to the motion blur. In other words you can see through the corners. The seams are not visible when motion blur is off (I used alpha add to take care of that). I tried to work around this issue by putting all the comps and layers in another composition then adding the force motion blur. That is the current version above. What if I rendered the file without motion blur as an .mov and brought it back in for force motion blur? I am not sure. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Dan

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Problem with 3d box and motion blur
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:49:53 pm

[Daniel Johnson] "If you watch this slowly you will see that the seams in the box are visible due to the motion blur."

Much ado about nothing Dan cos folks won't and aren't supposed to watch it slowly. This is a classic case of solving a non-problem. At normal speed it looks fine.

But if you want to be pushy about it try applying motion blur to the cube as a whole instead of applying motion blur to the individual layers that make up the box.

If you were to pre-render the box without motion blur and applied CC force blur then you should be fine. The issue comes about when motion blur is applied separately to individual layers. In such instances one layer may inherit a different motion blur setting from another. Thus you get the artefact along the edges.

HTH
RoRK

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Problem with 3d box and motion blur
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:58:49 pm

another option is use timewarp pixel but leave it at 100%, instead, twirl down to the shutter and use that. It's an optical flow shutter, so responds to precomps as well.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]