ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Magic Bullet looks- large image handling problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jai Goel
Magic Bullet looks- large image handling problem
on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:06:58 am

Hello guys, first time posting something on this website. Actually I having a problem with Magic Bullet Looks in after effects. My image is pretty big (3500 x 1600) and when I go to edit it in magic bullet looks it gives an error "openGL handing error". A solution would be really appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Magic Bullet looks- large image handling problem
on Oct 20, 2010 at 3:38:08 pm

I don't know if we can offer a solution without having you open up your wallet. More on that momentarily.

To get rid of that Open GL error, just disable Open GL acceleration... probably for RAM Previewing and DEFINITELY for rendering. In AE, Open GL just isn't very useful, and is often harmful.

Now, more about your wallet:

You don't say a single thing about your system, your OS, your RAM (a very big deal in AE), your AE version or anything. We're blind.

But the most common problem is that people try to run AE with too little RAM. Consider that I'm getting a new machine for home use, primarily for AE work. It'll have 8 cores... and 24 GB RAM. Is that a good indicator about the importance of a bunch of memory?

That's why I say you'll probably have to open your wallet -- I suspect you don't have enough memory on your machine, and to use AE effectively, you need memory. Gobs of it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jai Goel
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:19:04 pm

Hi Dave,
I have AMD Phenom 9950 Quadcore with 4GB of Ram (DDR2). I had a 1gb nvidia 9800GT graphic card but this card was giving errors so i just took it off from my computer, now it's on replacement procedure.

Regards

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 20, 2010 at 4:57:51 pm

Let me guess: you're on a Win XP system, and you're running AE 9 or earlier.
You can't upgrade your RAM -- the OS won't see it, so it's useless getting more.

If you have AE'S multiprocessing feature on, turn it off and LEAVE IT OFF. There's no way you can use multiprocessing on your current system.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]