ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Robotic arm replacement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
travis heberlingRobotic arm replacement
by on Oct 19, 2010 at 10:21:56 pm

So i am working on this shot for one of my classes....basically a guy is going to walk into a room while HUD's are circling around him, the camera will then work its way to an over the shoulder shot of a hud that has information about a robotic looking arm. The guy will confirm some things and we will cut to a shot of the arm which will be transforming into a robotic arm. I was curious on what would be some good options to go about this. I was thinking of creating a 3d arm and masking it on, In a pixel by pixel kind of style, another idea would be to actually create a more holographic looking arm covering up his original arm.

here is a rough edit of what the shots will look like.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Robotic arm replacement
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 12:44:36 am

[travis heberling] "The guy will confirm some things and we will cut to a shot of the arm which will be transforming into a robotic arm. I was curious on what would be some good options to go about this. I was thinking of creating a 3d arm and masking it on, In a pixel by pixel kind of style, another idea would be to actually create a more holographic looking arm covering up his original arm."

You've got lots of options -- I think it would all depend on how you want the robotic arm to look. Do you have a design for the arm?

You could explore either of the options you described, you might build the arm on Transformers-style, you could create a device that scans over the arm and builds it over the arm, you could wipe the robot arm on under a flare.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

travis heberlingRe: Robotic arm replacement
by on Oct 20, 2010 at 3:38:14 am

I have a doodle of it...Ill have to to scan it in.

Its nothing to complex just kind of picture a standard arm just metallic and tech like effects applied to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]