ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

reshape and open gl in ae cs4 cs5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steffan kaslerreshape and open gl in ae cs4 cs5
by on Oct 17, 2010 at 10:15:23 am

this is my first post here. i love this forum it helped me out a lot.
so here is the thing.
i have used the respahe effect in after effects cs4 a lot in a project the strange thing is when i render or preview it without open gl the reshape effect doesnt seem to work so good. it has strange glitches.
so i used open gl to render.
now i switched to ae cs5 but now i cant render with open gl anymore. its the same project and the same computer but it always says open gl not supported.
i tried different setting for the graphic card memory but it wouldnt change anything. the render output without open gl is glitchy in ae cs5. i have attachted two images that show how it looks in the preview window
this is open gl off

this is open gl on

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: reshape and open gl in ae cs4 cs5
by on Oct 18, 2010 at 8:50:59 am

If you have your installer disc and a non-64 OS, you will be able to install CS4 on the machine. In the future, never ever delete or install over previous versions of AE. Always keep the old versions around. They are very useful for such occasions as well as when you need to send an AEP out to someone with a lower version.

For now, check that you have the latest OpenGL drivers for your card and CS5. Check the adobe site for a list of compatible cards.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved