ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Effects not showing up after i Export .swf

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry VaughnEffects not showing up after i Export .swf
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 7:26:54 pm

I wanted to create fireworks in After effects so i was following the steps on
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/aftereffects/articles/aftcs3it_fireworkse...

after i finished following the steps when i RAM Preview i see the effetcs and everything works perfectly. BUt when i export it as a .SWF file, i dont see what i see in the preview, i would just see a blank screen.

if i put in a text layer among the other layers i created, when i export .swf and open, i would see the text i created but still not the fireworks.

I'm new to After Effects, but i cant seem to understand what i'm doing wrong

Regards,
Terry

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Effects not showing up after i Export .swf
by on Oct 15, 2010 at 8:04:25 pm

From this page:
Unsupported Features Specifies whether to rasterize features that SWF format doesn’t support. Choose Ignore to exclude unsupported features, or choose Rasterize to render all frames that contain unsupported features as JPEG-compressed bitmap images and include them in the SWF file. If you choose Rasterize, the SWF exporter rasterizes source files for each layer in the composition (except layers that use Illustrator files or solids as the source footage) and nested compositions with Collapse Transformations enabled.
Right now you have it set to ignore unsupported effects.
You really should read through that whole page I linked as it has tons of useful info for exporting SWF files from AE.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Terry VaughnRe: Effects not showing up after i Export .swf
by on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:28:15 am

Thanks alot, i'll gladly read the page. I'll give it a try and get back to you

Return to posts index

Terry VaughnRe: Effects not showing up after i Export .swf
by on Oct 19, 2010 at 8:17:38 pm

Thanks alot Michael. That page was helpful. However the only downfall with rasterizing is the file size. The size went from 5mb with ignore to a whopping 200mb when i rasterize.

thats way to big for me to use it for the purpose i plan to....

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Effects not showing up after i Export .swf
by on Oct 19, 2010 at 9:24:28 pm

Yep. That's the downside to using AE to make Flash stuff. A lot of AE is not Flash-friendly, meaning it has to create a picture per frame. Thus making a much larger file.
You will have to decide if you want to put something else on your page (such as an actual flash video) or if you want to lose the things in the video that need to be rasterized.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]