ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fonts look chunky

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Ward
Fonts look chunky
on Oct 14, 2010 at 5:29:59 pm

When I download fonts and use them in After Effects they never display properly; they look chunky. It doesn't look the same as it did online or in the fontbook or even in photoshop. I posted this question once before and I was told it was because I was downloading free fonts, so I went and purchased a $25 font and it still chunks out. I'm a little frustrated. I am an intermediate user, so please avoid the obvious, like "what resolution is your comp set at?" or "do you have stroke on?", although I guess in some sense I could be over looking something. I have been dealing with this issue for months.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Fonts look chunky
on Oct 14, 2010 at 5:43:21 pm

What type of font management software are you running, and did you install the new typeface according to its instructions?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dustin Ward
on Oct 14, 2010 at 6:00:29 pm

for the first time I am kind of glad I don't know what you are talking about. As far as I know I am not running any font management software. And yes, I believe I followed the instructions properly for the typeface.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 14, 2010 at 6:12:52 pm

If you haven't done so already, it might be helpful to read this:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

....including the comments at the bottom of the page.
Other things to try: trash your After Effects Preferences file. Shut the computer down and start it up again. Both very easy, and not bad at solving minor weirdness.

Don't have AE 10? There are online Help sections for previous versions.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robyn Rhodes
on Oct 14, 2010 at 6:21:28 pm

Tou sure you don't have the force bold button clicked on the bottom of the Character pallet?

I'm only half the thing I say I am, the other half are me.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 14, 2010 at 6:26:12 pm

Screenshots would help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Blake Cordova
on Sep 12, 2016 at 4:44:25 pm

I know this post is really old but I ran into the same issue. I created text in Illustrator and wanted to recreate text in AE, but font did not match in AE(chunky). I noticed the "Vertically Scale" setting was not set to 100%(setting in Character window). So look at your Vertically Scale and Horizontal Scale settings when fonts don't look right. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]