ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 and Sub Frame Editing...?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan QuinteroAE CS4 and Sub Frame Editing...?
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 7:07:22 pm

I'm trying to sync some footage for a multi screen, but the marker is in between frames. In FCP there's the option to edit the audio at a sub frame level. Anything like that available in AE CS4?

Read on another post here that increasing the frame rate can get you closer to your mark, but that seems problematic.

Go fly fishing.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE CS4 and Sub Frame Editing...?
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 8:44:26 pm

[Dan Quintero] "increasing the frame rate can get you closer to your mark, but that seems problematic."

That's just about the only way to do it in AE. Audio isn't one of its strong suits.

Where did this audio layer with the oddly-placed marker originate? I'm trying to figure out how an audio file imported into AE retains a mark that would be visible in the timeline.

Premiere, perhaps? If yes, what was the frame rate in Premiere? Is it different from your AE project?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan QuinteroRe: AE CS4 and Sub Frame Editing...?
by on Oct 14, 2010 at 10:51:56 pm

Sorry, when I said mark, I didn't mean a digital marker, I meant an audible one (clapper).

The cameras were turned on one after the other, so the frames in points aren't synced to the audible marker.

The pic below is from the comp I'm trying to sync. Seems minimal, but the actions enough to make it noticable. (Comps at 99fps.)

Go fly fishing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]