ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

big FLV in flash website problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jimena aznarbig FLV in flash website problem
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 5:09:15 pm

Hi all! i'm new here but i've seen that you know a lot!!!!

i'm a newb, so, bare with me here!!!

i'm building a flash website in as2, where i have several flv's for the transitions from section to section, streaming through NetStream (they where .swf that needed to be videos since they have to have sound and be in sync in every single browser).

i managed to preload them into the user's cache, so they 'would play smoothly'.

i have been working on this for almost 2 weeks and i am still having problems with how the flv's look online:

• i have tried almost every setting possible into converting my .mov into .flv (specially the kilobits per second), but it's not working at all, it's really bumpy, looks very slow (this doesn't happen offline when looking just at the flv's).

• i have also tried loading them from an external swf, but the problem with how the flv looks like is still there, so i understand that the problem relies on how the settings of my flv's are.

please help me! i don't know what to do :( ...

i see that in many film websites, like watchmen or inception they manage to have big videos playing smoothly and great resolution for the transitions from section to section, but i don't understand how they manage to do it...

do i need to re-do the .mov and there change the bitrate and then convert them to flv's?
if so, what settings would work best? my files are 920 x 660 and cannot change the ratio.

any type of help is greatly appreciated!!!

PS every file has the same framerate :) and i cannot send a link because of privacy issues.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: big FLV in flash website problem
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 8:14:20 pm

If you have CS5 you can export a flash project from AE to Flash - this may help.
As far as compressing .flv and .f4v files, don't do that straight from AE- use Adobe Media Encoder to compress the files (you can open the AE project in AME and render from there). That usually provides smooth video and small files.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior Compositor/VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved