ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Select Tool Changed?!?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd WeisseAfter Effects Select Tool Changed?!?
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:43:54 pm

I was working in after effects one day, and I must have hit a key combination by accident, because my select tool has changed from the pointer with cross, to what I can best describe as cross hairs. Instead of moving an item, when this new tool is used, it makes a mask-like selection on the footage, and only what is inside the "mask" can be seen inside the viewer. It does not, however edit the contents of the comp, just what you can see in the preview. Its been driving me nuts, since I cant edit without the normal selection tool. I have never seen this, and the AE built in help is useless. Please, if anyone knows what this tool is, how to change it back, or how to even erase all settings, please let me know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects Select Tool Changed?!?
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 2:06:00 pm

Any chance you turned on the Region of Interest?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd WeisseRe: After Effects Select Tool Changed?!?
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 3:22:07 pm

Thanks for the help. I read the page about the region of
Interest, and it sounds like what I am expieriencing. When I get home later I will try unchecking the button it describes. Thanks again for the help I hope this works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved