ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating an effect on a guitar

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
travis heberlingCreating an effect on a guitar
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:18:06 pm

So I am working on a short for my Advance Visual effects class. To sum of up the short a man runs into a bathroom freaking out...looks towards the mirror, interacts with the faucet, and takes out a pill capsule and swallows a pill. When the man takes the pill he starts grasping his stomach in pain and raises back up to a arm that has burst out of his stomach...the arm then begins to count down from three.

I know how Im going to shoot everything up to the arm bursting part. Since the man will be out of shot during the burst I dont need to worry about creating the burst effect, but I will need to be able to create an alien looking arm and track it. Im just curious what would be the best way to do this. Iv thought of using two shirts one without track points and one with and tracking a 3D model onto the shirt. My also thought was taking an arm prop and applying it to the shirt and changing the way it looks in post.

What would any of you recommend I do for this?

Thank you! XD

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Creating an effect on a guitar
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:20:28 pm

I'd figure out a sequence of shots that will allow you to do this as a practical effect. It'll be a lot more realistic-looking.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd WeisseRe: Creating an effect on a guitar
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 3:29:55 pm

Does the man in the mirror need to turn his body,creating a perspective change on the arm? If not you could just use a 2d track and animate an arm from a prop, or do a 3d model. Good luck with it whatever you choose

Return to posts index

travis heberlingside fx
by on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:21:24 pm

No probably not since I was thinking the countdown would be quick cuts from 3 to 1 So I could probably go the route of using a 2d arm and tracking it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved