ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

maya movie export, file format question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Gaillardmaya movie export, file format question
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:15:47 pm

I made a movie in maya. Now I want to export the movie so that it can be played in some common software (i.e. windows media player, quicktime). I have been reading the forums but have only been able to get limited help. Currently I am clicking on the render settings window, setting the frame/animation ext to name.#.ext and setting the start frame to 1 and the end frame to 60 (the last frame of my movie). I have tried several image formats. I then click on the batch render button. Here are my questions:

1) My images look almost completely black, no matter what format I choose. What do I need to do to so that they look as they appear in maya?

2) Is there a free or nearly free software to convert the images to something playable in windows media player or quicktime? I am not looking for professional results. If it looks and plays like it does in maya I would be happy.

Return to posts index

Adriano MoraesRe: maya movie export, file format question
by on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:48:38 pm

I have a feeling you posted it on the wrong forum.

What I can tell you about the exporting to play on a regular player is this: I´m a 3Dmax/AE guy and as lots of people might tell you it´s always better to render things out lossles (or at the best quality you can get) and then using something else to compress it.

I use Sorenson Squeeze (amazing soft) but it's not close to free. I also used MPEG Streamclip witch is free and also does an amazing job.

As you didn´t mention anything on your post about adobe I don´t know if you have but Adobe Media Encoder is a great option too.

As for the dark render I can´t really say or figure out what´s going on. Posting here might help.

Hope it helps in some way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved