ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adjusting keyframe framerate

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nico JonesAdjusting keyframe framerate
by on Oct 11, 2010 at 12:18:21 pm

Hi all,

I have a character animation going on in AE. The character is made up of lots of layers, some having different blending modes which react in different ways to various glowing objects beneath the character.

What I want to do is create a slightly jerky, stop-motion look to the character alone, leaving everything else normal.

Usually I'd just precomp the entire character and apply posterize time. However, taking that approach in this case messes up all the blending modes. Also, there are particular layers, shine gobos etc that rely on some of the character layers being 'not-precomped'.

So assuming precomping is not an option - is there a way to get this effect (posterizing time to, say, 12 fps) via an expression used on the various keyframes? Or another approach I can try? The effect would have to be applied to multiple layers. If I apply posterize time to the individual layers it messes things up too...

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Adjusting keyframe framerate
by on Oct 11, 2010 at 4:53:02 pm

Sometimes, rendering out the comp and then applying posterize time or Time Remap to the rendered movie is the best option as it gives you a lot more room to experiment with and is also more efficient.

AE Training in South East Asia. AE templates for sale and rental. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved