ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Issues with rendering .avi file in after effects.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leishka CorredorIssues with rendering .avi file in after effects.
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 12:32:01 am

Sorry for my bad english, i'm Puertorrican.
Ok, I'm a beginner photographer and i did a video using windows movie maker (windows 7) with my photos (slideshow). The video is wmv but i converted it to .avi using a program. What i'm trying to do is put a video watermark somewhere in the whole video (my photography logo) using Adobe After Effects Cs4. I'm a beginner at this too, and i'm having some issues with rendering the video. I have all ready (the video, the logo, etc) but when i render the video the file size is HUGE! (4gb) I want to get the same nice quality video (hd) but with a smaller file size. What can i do to get this?

My .avi video properties are:

Duration: 00:01:11
Size: 7.37 MB
Frame width: 1280
Frame height: 720
Frame rate: 25 frames/second

Return to posts index

Andrew DevisRe: Issues with rendering .avi file in after effects.
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 3:26:36 pm

Firstly, you should really avoid all this rendering. Every time you render or 'convert' a file you reduce the quality. This means that you start with a wmv, convert to an AVI and then add your watermark and export again from AE you end up with 3 renders which will really affect the quality of your video. If possible (and I don't know windows movie maker so I don't know) you should add the 'watermark' as a separate layer in movie maker and then render it all out from there. If you must take it to AE, don't convert it to an AVI first, but use the original wmv. However, if you can output a lossless AVI from windows movie maker use that and take it into AE, add the logo on another layer and choose composition>add to render que. Then, click on the 'output module' hot text and then I would probably advise to choose Quicktime from the dropdown and then hit the format button on the right hand side and select either H.264 or Mpeg4 and check that the size etc are all correct. This will give you a good quality and reasonably small sized file - ideal for the internet. Hope this helps. Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved