ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

keylight artifacts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Wahookeylight artifacts
by on Oct 9, 2010 at 6:35:10 pm

i´m working on some greenscreen shots, comparing different keyers and settings.Keylight is giving me some headaches. It does a really good job on the edges and for the despilling, but it also introduces horrible artifacts within the image. I tried different settings to avoid it, but it seems, that only switching the keyer to “intermediate result” gets rid of those artifacts.

There doesn´t seem to be any information inside the image to justify such artefacts, the matte is clean it looks like there´s some problem in the despilling algorithm. One thing that improves the image is when I turn the replacement mode to “hardcolor”. Still you can see those artifacts, but it´s slightly better.

Any idea what could cause this problem? I also tried primatte, which is doing a pretty good job, but not as good as primatte would do concerning the edges.

Here a link to an image that should clarify the problem.

footage was shot on a red cam.

Thank you for any help

Return to posts index

John WahooRe: keylight artifacts
by on Oct 10, 2010 at 2:59:10 pm

i found out that there are some artifacts in the blue channel, which seemed to be created from the conversion of the files to the tif sequence i got. The problem is not in the raw files...

just to let you know

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: keylight artifacts
by on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:09:17 pm

If you have a key with proper opacity at the edges and core, just use it as track matte for a new instance of the layer. Apply keylight just for spill suppression on the new layer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved