ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Nucleo Pro 3 best settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark GrossardtNucleo Pro 3 best settings
by on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:45:32 pm

Hi all,
We recently got a couple of those new 12 core (dodeca-core?) Intel Macs, and I've been trying to figure out the best way to configure the memory settings of Nucleo Pro 3 in CS5.

6 core Intel Xeon (12 processors)
2.93 GHz processors
latest Snow Leopard

In NP3, whenever I set the number of cores above 8, NP3 dies on Fast Render and Background Render. That's fine, I guess. 8 cores cranking is still crazy fast. But not as fast as disabling NP3 and letting AE render using multiprocessing (which opens up to 24 instances, if I'm understanding the way AE handles hyper-threading correctly). The Spec options seem to work fine when assigning a higher number of cores.

Now I readily admit that I don't have a good handle on how AE CS5 deals with these processors, especially when you throw in NP3. Maybe I should take heart, as it seems that Adobe hasn't really solidified what constitutes best settings for the multiprocessing settings in CS5 either.

I feel like I should understand all of this stuff and that there's something really obvious that I'm missing ... but that's what the Cow's here for, right?

Mark Grossardt
Video Editor
Clark Creative Group

Return to posts index

daniel tegelandRe: Nucleo Pro 3 best settings
by on Jan 6, 2011 at 12:23:08 pm

I have come to the same conclusion. maybe its time to mail gridiron software and see whats hangin

Return to posts index

jeffrey broullireRe: Nucleo Pro 3 best settings
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 11:02:39 pm

hello, is there anyway you can post back
stating where to install license file for
gridiron nucleo pro 3 please

thank you much in advance, j

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved