ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE CS5 Field Render Bug

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ramon pirachaAE CS5 Field Render Bug
by on Oct 6, 2010 at 5:48:09 am

Can anyone help me out on this issue. I have never experienced this problem before in previous AE versions. I am trying to export out of AE CS5 in Prores LT 25p as I have set up my project in Final Cut Pro in Prores LT 1920 x 1080 25p....I want 25p.But AE is doing something strange. Some renders come out with field dominance off and others rendered from the exact same comp come out with upper/odd. I tried this over and over again and every its anyones guess which way it will go. Has anyone else seen this issue in CS5?
I tried the same thing in CS3 and every time i can pump out renders from the same comp to my requirement with field dominance off. ..............

I contacted Adobe but their tech in India has the runs and wont be in the office till next week.

Return to posts index

ramon pirachaRe: AE CS5 Field Render Bug
by on Oct 8, 2010 at 4:25:30 am

Finally spoke to the adobe tech today again. He replicated my steps on a mac and got the same problem. Even when you deselect field render option, AE pushes out Upper/odd fields on the render. Adobe's bigdick scheduled to call tonight to discuss further and hopefully try to create a patch.

Return to posts index

James ThomsonRe: AE CS5 Field Render Bug
by on Nov 2, 2010 at 5:52:41 am

Yes, I've seen the same problem.

At first I thought it might be related to the ProRes/Kona LHe issue but I've also seen it on another machine with CS5 and no Kona card.

I also thought it might be because I have CS4 and CS5 on the same machine but again, the other machine with a clean install and only CS5 still exhibited the problem.

I have found a workaround...

When you've Added to Render Queue and chosen ProRes422, go into [Codec Settings] and check then uncheck the Interlaced boxed then click OK.

I have found this ensures the output is progressive.

This works on both machines I have tried it on. Please let me know if this works for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved