ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Video Renders Without JPEGs or Proper Transitions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark McLeanVideo Renders Without JPEGs or Proper Transitions
by on Oct 5, 2010 at 5:26:06 pm

Just want to preface this with the fact that I'm fairly new to After Effects, but understand the gist of things.

I completed editing a 00:04:30 video in After Effects CS3 a couple of weeks ago that more closely resembles a slideshow. I did it in 3D space, have some camera movement, and used keyframes to create motion for a number of pictures (used .jpgs and one .eps). Really, it's not that complicated of a project and, overall, I'm very happy with how everything looks in the RAM preview.

However, when I go to render it, none of the pictures are there and I'm left with only text and video footage. I rendered using "Best Settings" and "Lossless", which gave me an 8GB .avi, but one that's useless because of the picture problem. I went back to check if I had proxied any of the pictures and even tried rendering without multiprocessing to see if something went wrong there -- neither helped my cause.

At this point, I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be, so any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to ask for more info if you need it as well.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Video Renders Without JPEGs or Proper Transitions
by on Oct 5, 2010 at 8:26:00 pm

i've often pulled my hair out trying to solve these sort of issues and you know what it always is? You forget to extend your precomps or layers far enough. It's the simple things that get you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved