ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

the losers comic book effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cherlique lilienthalthe losers comic book effect
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:25:46 am

Hi everybody,

I just saw a movie called “the losers”. I loved the comic book style motion graphics they used at the beginning and the end. I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to achieve this type of effect. I was also impressed by the breaking 3d glass. What plugins and/ or techniques would help to create such effects? I use after effects. I have already asked this question, but I don’t think anyone really understood exactly what I meant, so I posted a link to an example video so you guys can see exactly what I mean.

Also I would like to learn how to create particles like the ones used in the intro video of house md are there any tips/tutorials on that out there?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: the losers comic book effect
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:25:03 pm

the intro is mostly animated still layers, so i would plan on creating those in illustrator or photoshop, then importing those into after effects as a comp so each ai/ps layer is a layer in the after effects comp. then you could place the layers in varying z-space and add a slow camera move to create depth.

the more layers you have the more control you'll have over how the various elements can effect-on or be treated.

as for the glass breaking, you try shatter. it will probably get you close enough. for more realism, you'd want a 3d app to create the glass breaking, but i think shatter can work well enough.

as far as the house md open, any 3d particle system with a volume type emitter/producer (where you define the size of the emitter/producer in x,y,z), little to no particle velocity or gravity and some 3d camera movement should get you most of the way there. particular would be my first choice, but particle world would work well.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved