ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Ignoring something in Keylight (Rookie question)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skilor LongIgnoring something in Keylight (Rookie question)
by on Oct 3, 2010 at 11:20:42 pm

Sorry for the basic question but I have searched the FAQs, and Adobe help and have not been able to find the appropriate answer. I am a green screen rookie and I am using Adobe CS5 After Effects and Production. I shoot footage on a green screen and in a particular scene there is an item that the color is close enough that keylight thinks its the background and codes it to the alpha. What I am trying to do is have it ignore the item and keylight everything else. Is there an easy way to do this or should I just re shoot the footage?

Thanks again for the help and sorry if this is a rookie question.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Ignoring something in Keylight (Rookie question)
by on Oct 4, 2010 at 1:31:04 pm

In your Keylight documentation (it's a PDF that's in your AE plugins folder. Mine is Support Files>Plug-ins>Effects>Foundry>Docs) and read the whole thing, but your answer is on page 40: Inside and Outside masks.

Either that or create a duplicate of your footage layer and rotoscope the offending element.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Skilor LongRe: Ignoring something in Keylight (Rookie question)
by on Oct 7, 2010 at 2:02:54 am

Thank you I will try this tomorrow... I will also read over that document. Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved