ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Selection Matte for Ghost FX

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Camp
Selection Matte for Ghost FX
on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:34:55 pm

I am working on a project where I need to create a ghostly effect. I have CS5 and used Rotoscoping to slect the actors and add the effect.
However, sometimes the selection process is amazing! it doesn't need to be to the edge perfect but the rotoscope mask sometimes juts out or wiggles a lot which looks weird.
I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions for how to fix this? Whether it be settings or tips for using rotoscope? or a whole new selection method.

I really need to get this working and I've attempted to go through frame by frame and fix the rtoscope too many times... thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Selection Matte for Ghost FX
on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:52:33 pm

> I was wondering if anyone could make some suggestions for how to fix this? Whether it be settings or tips for using rotoscope?

I'll say the same thing on this thread that I did on the other thread where you asked this question:

Here's a page dedicated to that purpose, with links to many tutorials, sample chapters, and other resources. If you patiently work your way through these resources, you'll be in good shape. Rotoscoping is an involved set of techniques and skills, so don't expect to get it right the first time. It takes learning and practice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]