ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects cs5 lag

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith vickers
after effects cs5 lag
on Oct 2, 2010 at 11:24:31 am

I have recently purchased a new dell i7 with 6 gig ram. I am using After Effects cs5 and it is slow. Whenever I try to reposition objects like images other images on screen disappear.I have an image as a 3d layer and when I move it the screen goes blank.I started particle world and when I scrub the timeline my particles disappear then reappear when I stop.I know my machines specs are not that brilliant but surely cs5 should run quicker than this on a new laptop. I am thinking of going back to cs3 with my dual core machine.
Do any members have suggestions?

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: after effects cs5 lag
on Oct 2, 2010 at 9:25:58 pm

I don't have the specs for a Dell i7 memorized and you didn't mention anything else about your machine, but some of the first things to do:

Turn off multiprocessing in AE (until you get more RAM)

Turn off OpenGL in AE (forever)

Close any other programs you might have running while working in AE (or forever ... who needs anything other than AE? lol)

Get more RAM

Return to posts index

keith vickers
on Oct 7, 2010 at 10:02:39 am

Thanks for the reply David. I will get on it right away. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Andrew Devis
on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:52:32 am

It sounds like a screen refresh issue to me and one I have had in the past. From memory the problem was solved when I updated my video card driver to the latest version and did a complete re-start.

You may find this help file useful as well:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WSF13D6BED-C53B-408a-B2D6...

I run CS5 on a laptop with only 4G and it works fine, so don't panic!

Andrew

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 3, 2010 at 5:27:33 pm

Actually, from the description of the issue, it seems that it's not a performance issue at all but the fact that Keith turned Live Update off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

scott novasic
on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:53:43 pm

more memory! 64 bit is all about the memory... invest in as much as you can afford and you will not regret it.

Scott

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:15:13 pm

I certainly agree with Scott, but please heed my post about Live Update. I'm pretty sure that this isn't actually a thread about a performance problem... but that that is a red herring.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]