ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Whats the most efficient way to edit a long video with a lot of cuts in after effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Blaze
Whats the most efficient way to edit a long video with a lot of cuts in after effects?
on Oct 2, 2010 at 2:31:06 am

I am currently working on a music video and have already edited it in Final Cut, I want to color correct it and add special effects in After Effects and wanted to know what would be the most efficient way to do so. I don't want to render out the video because I plan on using AE for video transitions between cuts- and there are a lot of cuts.

Return to posts index

Amir Abed
Re: Whats the most efficient way to edit a long video with a lot of cuts in after effects?
on Oct 2, 2010 at 3:03:35 am

automatic duck

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
Re: Whats the most efficient way to edit a long video with a lot of cuts in after effects?
on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:51:37 pm

If you don't want to spring for Automatic Duck - and if you don't need it's extra features, like carrying over of effects and transitions - there are some scripts which allow you to import an XML from FCP to AE. If you're just using FCP to do a rough edit and will be doing all your effects in AE, it works pretty well (with the exception that, in my experience, clips retimed in FCP don't always import as expected).

Don't have a link handy, but if you search around for 'FCP AE XML script' you should find something that will help you out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]