ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

comic like 3d look

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cherlique lilienthalcomic like 3d look
by on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:49:20 am

how can i get that commic like effect you see in movies like the losers, kick ass etc. i use after effects which plugins would help to create this effect?

Return to posts index

Simon BonnerRe: comic like 3d look
by on Oct 1, 2010 at 8:21:21 am

You'll have to be more specific. Having seen KickAss twice, I don't recall there being any specific 'comic' type effects in there. What precisely are you trying to reproduce?

Simon Bonner

youtube.com/simonsaysfx

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: comic like 3d look
by on Oct 1, 2010 at 1:58:09 pm

The sequence where Officer Marcus comes into the lair and reads the comic book that Big Daddy had written explaining the history to Hit Girl, the film enters a 3d representation of the comics. (I saw it four times in the cinema.)
This is done with a 3d program; not After Effects. You could do something similar using your favorite The Kid Stays In the Picture recipe (such as this one) only do it with images treated to look like a comic. There are tons of tutorials on how to do comic effects in Photoshop, there were even actions on the Adobe exchange back in the day, probably still there.

There is a Cartoon effect in AE and several other cartoon recipes kicking around the web (again a quick search should turn up a few tutorials.) You would just need your actors to freeze while you were filming. I'm not promising it'll look great, but with proper lighting and planning, you might be able to pull something off.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

cherlique lilienthalRe: comic like 3d look
by on Oct 2, 2010 at 3:36:36 am

oke thanx.

Return to posts index

cherlique lilienthalRe: comic like 3d look
by on Oct 2, 2010 at 3:34:10 am

that effect you see when you see the history why big daddy got arrested and what happened to his wife and dauther and what his future plans where with the mafia guy his name escapes me at the moment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]