ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

slow motion warping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Sommers
slow motion warping
on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:05:22 am

I am trying to do slow motion with timewarp. The footage was shot in 24p with a D90. once i apply the timewarp preset and ram preview the footage its warped. Any suggestions to what the interpolating setting should be to reduce warping would be much appreciated. Also any other methods to make the footage really smooth and fluid
- matt

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: slow motion warping
on Oct 1, 2010 at 1:41:58 pm

You say you apply timewarp and then the footage is warped. It sounds like things are working fine. Unless what you meant by "warped" isn't "time warped".

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matt Sommers
on Oct 1, 2010 at 2:21:16 pm

the footage is being is by slowed down by the timewarp. But when i play it back its warping frames. It looks like a weird wave is on the footage and when the person walks by in the clip they get all twisted and wierd. Any help with smooth slow motion settings are greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:57:03 pm

I agree completely with Dave. Shoot at the highest frame rate possible. That must be your first step.
The reason you're getting this rippling is that there is no data there and it's trying to guess at it. Twixtor is a third-party product that does this better and with a lot more control. I would suggest you check them out.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 1, 2010 at 3:17:16 pm

[Matt Sommers] "The footage was shot in 24p with a D90."

Well, here's a basic principle to getting easy, smooth slo-mo: shoot at a high frame rate, play back at a lower frame rate. By shooting at 24p, you used just about the lowest frame rate possible, so you start out at a disadvantage.

Any chance of shooting at 59.94 p (aka 60p) on that thing? When you conform the footage in AE to 23.976 (aka 24p), the motion will be 2 1/2 times slower already, no fancy effects necessary.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]